Many people wonder why Skin Needling using a micro-needle roller (derma roller) has become popular not only with skin therapists, but cosmetic surgeons, doctors, plastic surgeons and dermatologists.
The needles cause thousands of micro-injuries when rolled over the skin. This induces a process of wound healing that involvesthe production of new collagen. The production of collagen continues for up to 12 months after the procedure. Depressed acne scars, wrinkles, skin texture and tightness are all improved as a result.
Skin Needling, known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), is the latest skin renewal technique to restore men’s healthy youthful appearance. It is delivered at low cost and with minimal or no downtime. This technique is based on the skin’s natural ability to repair itself that occurs whenever physical damage such as cuts, burns, or other abrasions are encountered.
The reason it is so popular is simply down to a few very important factors.
1. There is overwhelming scientific evidence that confirms that skin needling really does work for Inducting normal collagen and elastin in the skin, increasing transdermal absorption of products. It has also been shown to be more effective than IPL and conventional scar/burn treatments.
2. Clinical trials have been conducted and demonstrated how effective skin needling is at treating acne and burn scars and promoting collagen production.
3. In comparison to other treatments on the market it is very safe and has little or no down time or side effects.
4. It is the only treatment that stimulates the individuals bodyproduce its own collagen and elastin.
5. Treatments can be applied in difficult to reach and sensitive places unlike chemical peels for example
6. Skin Needling can be used to treat a broad range of conditions from scarring, stretch marks, hair loss and anti-aging wrinkle treatments because of the fact it inducts collagen and elastin.
7. It is a natural treatment. It can be performed simply and easily using natural products. Skin Needling has been used for thousands of years and was developed in Ancient China.
8. The results continue with use particularly for talking anti-ageing treatments, as collagen is continually lost by the skin and regular Skin Needling will slow or prevent this process
In contrast Fraxel and fractional carbon dioxide lasers have a ‘fractionated’ delivery of laser energy to the skin. In other words, the whole skin surface is not treated. Individual columns of laser energy are fired into the skin, each penetrating up to 2mm. This stimulates collagen production and helps with problems such as acne scarring, wrinkles and pigmentation. With darker skin types especially, there is a risk that these laser treatments can cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, whenskin treated with the laser becomes darker than the surrounding areas, leaving a blothy appearance.
Skin Needling in comparison, uses multiple fine needles to penetrate the skin via a roller. This causes thousands of small injuries to the skin which each penetrate slightly deeper than laser (down to around 1.5mm in the face). Therefore, it tends to be more useful for acne scarring and wrinkles as it can get down to the base of the problem. There is less risk of pigmentation problems after skin needling, and it is a safe treatment even in olive or darker skin types.
Don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook!